Environmental Impact Assesment
The Environmental Impact Assessment Section is responsible to implement and enforce the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations 2007.
The section is responsible for:
• Conduct scoping meetings for EIA Applications submitted by Developers proposing to carry out development activities in the Maldives, and finalising the Terms of Reference for the EIAs of these projects.
• Evaluation of EIA reports and issuing Environmental Decision Statements.
• Conduct monitoring trips to development sites to ensure compliance to the Environmental Decision Statements issued.
• Review monitoring data submitted by Developers during and construction and operational stages of development projects.
• Screen projects that are not listed under the Schedule D of the EIA as project requiring an EIA study.
• Registration of EIA Consultants and renewal of Registration Certificates.
• Carry out awareness activities regarding Environmental Impact Assessment.
Tel: +960 333 5949
Fax: +960 333 5953