|EPA Governing Board Appointed|
President Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan has appointed the EPA governing board and was officially announced by the Minister of Environment and Energy, Dr. Mariyam Shakeela, on 5th June 2012 World Environment Day. The members of the EPA governing board are:
1. Mr. Abdullahi Majeed, Representative from Ministry of Environment and Energy
2. Mr. Ahmed Salih, Representative from Tourism Sector
3. Ms. Shaheedha Adam Ibrahim, Representative from Water and Sewerage Sector
4. Mr. Adam Manik, Representative from Fisheries and Agriculture Sector
5. Al-Usthaazaa Shabab Rasheed, Voluntary Member
The mandate of the governing board is to give the legal advice and support to Environmental Protection Agency in carrying out the works of the Agency.